Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today's Craft Project (and Tip)

My large circle punch had lost its "punch." 

I read that you can use wax paper, aluminum foil, lots of things to sharpen it. I decided my soda can would be the best, and it made some cool punches as well:


Ok, so I needed the sharp punch to make circles for a paper bowl. I had picked out some cool wrapping paper for the outside, but inside I used a gold and red Lokta paper. (It was left over from my wedding last year.) I punched a ton of circles, not knowing how many I would need. I also gathered my bowl, saran wrap, glue and brush. 

I wrapped the bowl I selected with saran wrap on the outside. This will serve as the base for the glue and paper. Then I started gluing. I did the red paper with the side I wanted in the center of the bowl facing the saran wrap. Then I covered the rest with the wrapping paper, this time with the pattern on the outside.  



Here is what it looks like with a layer of mod podge/pva on the outside. It will take about 24 hours to dry and then I will peel off the saran wrap from the bowl and then the paper.


Here are two bowls I completed earlier this week:






No comments:

Post a Comment